NFPA 101: Life Safety Code (Health Care)
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
● Explain the organization of the 2012 edition of NFPA 101 and key Code concepts
● Describe Code applicability for new and existing occupancies
● Define the three parts of means of egress
● Identify and apply the requirements for fire barriers
● Determine the appropriate occupant load factors based on various uses of a healthcare facility
● Determine if the egress capacity is adequate for a given occupant load
● Identify dead-end corridors and common path of travel and locate the occupancy specific limits
● Identify various methods to regulate travel distance and explain which method applies to healthcare occupancies
● Identify and apply the requirements for protection of vertical openings
● Identify and apply the requirements for protection of hazardous areas
● List building rehabilitation categories of work
● Explain the sprinkler requirements for rehabilitation projects
Duration 5 days course and Exam will be given by end of the course.
This course will be accredited by RMEC based on NFPA Standards.